i've found that the markup option of translator is an absolute necessity, and without it, i had no idea what was going on in the project files. if you are familiar with markup languages, such as textile or markdown, you might find that it helps to sort of think in terms of those languages in your mind: you have a piece of text, you would like to replace the tags or replace the text inside the tags, and you run the program that provides the options for doing so.
last one: i know that translator has been out for a long time, but it is still novel. i think that its good to have a new take on an old idea. as i mentioned, this is a good example of this new take on an old idea: you would use a standalone application instead of a plugin, and you use a simple text document instead of a database.
unfortunately, during my testing i found that the sound quality of the standalone version was not as good as the plugin version. but the standalone version does allow you to work in a variety of ways. one method is to unzip the translator files onto disk, copy them into a folder, and then run the program like a plugin. you get the benefits of being able to go into a project menu and select the plugin option (to avoid having to rebuild everytime you want to make a change), and also to create a convenient folder with default settings (or you can unzip the app itself with the settings already set up, etc). in addition, you can save the translation text files directly into the translator folder, or create a new folder within the translator folder. of course, the user control panel works with the plugin version or the standalone version. 3d9ccd7d82